Monday, December 15, 2014

Not Enough Hours in the Day!!

(This week's letter is short...but he gets bonus points for sending pictures!! If he would answer my questions...he would have more to say. Maybe it will come with time.)

Mom and Dad,

   If you want an idea of how quickly things are moving, know that I'm working really hard to think of what to say. (I can think of LOTS of things you could say...like all the answers to my questions in MY letter!)  I can't remember anything that happened last week. Let's see, we found 7 new investigators this week, a part member family with a woman who hasn't been active as a child. We thought all the adults were less-active and it caused us to say some things we wouldn't have otherwise, but the boldness got us into the home! I went on exchanges with one of the zone leaders, and it was super fun. He serves in the YSA (Young Single Adult) ward and they have a lot of fun over there. We went contacting on the CSU (Colorado State University) campus and taught lessons in our office at the institute building. We went to a place called the Fat Shack, and it was incredible and incredibly bad for me. I had a sandwich with fried Macaroni and Cheese bites, chicken tenders, french fries, and mozzarella sticks, drenched in buffalo ranch. Need I say more? (That makes me ill thinking about it!)

   I've been finding that I wish there were more hours in a day. So many people could benefit from hearing our message, but we don't have enough time to see everyone. We've been doing well, but it's always frustrating when we realize that there is someone we forgot to reach out to. Alas, we come home at 9:30 every night exhausted.

   Thank you for all of the good stuff. We both really appreciate it. (I assume that means he got my boxes??? Stuff...really???) I will try really, really hard to write those thank you cards. I'll try my best to find the time. (He'd better find the time...he's been raised better than that!)
I'm going to try to get info on who I will be with for Christmas. I have a feeling that I'm going to be spending Christmas at several homes, and I will try to get it figured out. Wish me luck. (I think WE need the luck!!) Pray for our investigators please. Linda, Albert, Rayann, Eric and his family, Jodi, and Alex. (You bet!)

I love you very, very much,

Elder Andrew Campbell

P.S. We had our Christmas Party, and the food was good. No pictures were taken though. I'll hopefully get you some of this week's pictures! (He described these pictures as him and his companion being silly!)
 




No comments:

Post a Comment