Monday, January 12, 2015

Long Paragraphs....Life is Good in Fort Collins!

Mom and Dad,

   I'd like to start by letting you know that I love you very much. (And we love him very much too!) 
 
 We played basketball with the YSA Elders this morning, and I am super tired. Needless to say, missions make you tired all the time. I also think my medication makes me drowsy, which makes it even harder. Speaking of medication, Sister Brown told me that they don't want the missionaries receiving medication in the mail. I went to the Kaiser in Loveland, and they transferred my medication to the one in Fort Collins, who informed me that insurance was not going to pay for it because CR Paroxetine is a unique prescription which Doctor Arora had to get permission to prescribe me, and would only be covered in California. (Of course!  Nothing with Andrew is ever normal. He has some anxiety, so he takes that to help him.) So, it would be a one hundred dollar payment. (WHAT???) I'm going to be going in to see a doctor to get a prescription here in Colorado. (Good plan, elder or your mother might need to take it!) 
 
 Speaking of Fort Collins, I'm afraid Elder Campbell is not in the Fort Collins zone. He could be in the portion of Fort Collins that the Loveland Stake covers, though! (Maybe so...he's somewhere in Fort Collins. This is another Elder Campbell who used to live in Elk Grove, CA). 
 
 I think it would be super fun for you to get a dog. But, I guess that is your executive decision. It takes a dog with a really good heart to put up with Snowball and Katrina. (We had a chance to foster a dog, but I'm just not ready for that commitment right now) 
 
 (One of our sister missionaries wants to major in Commercial Music, just like Elder Campbell. But she's going to attend Utah State and they don't have a major yet.) Tell Sister Beck to keep going! If she wants to transfer, she could consider Snow College in Utah. Apparently they have one of the best music programs in the nation. She could also choose BYU, where I hopefully will be an accepted Commercial Music Major in a few months! (Hope! Hope!)
   
   It's time for a gratuitous paragraph break! Elder Sewell is from Citrus Heights. I truly don't know if we're related. He's really cool though. I did get your postcard from Disney World, thank you for that! I get letters of encouragement from some different families. It's always fun when I get one. (On his bank statement, he spent most of his money at Walmart, so I wondered what kind of gift card he might like to receive.) I think I would like a Subway gift card. Most of my Walmart expenses are going through my MSF card. (I told him about my weird missionary dreams I had this past week. Andrew was moving into an apartment at BYU and Peter was getting married!!!!) I wonder if Peter will get married before I'm home? He had better keep me updated!

   This week, Michael, the investigator I've told you about, continued his interest, dropped investigations, then changed his mind. He came to church on Sunday, and he is coming with us to see a baptism in Cheyenne on Saturday. We're so excited! We also saw Elder Bednar on Friday. He came and spoke at our mission conference. (Lucky ducky!) He spoke of the importance of action. He said praying at the end of Sacrament meeting that "those who were not here this week will be here next week" is a completely faithless act, unless that person exerts real effort to go to less actives and help them return. It made me think hard about what we pray for. Well, I should be going, and hope you have a lovely week!

Love,

Elder Andrew Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment