Monday, September 7, 2015

Turned TWENTY on the THIRD!

Mother and Father,

   I hope you enjoy your Labor Day. I have no idea what The Man from U.N.C.L.E is, but I hope you enjoy it. (That's how we are celebrating today!)

   This week Austin prayed with us, and it was very nice. He has made amazing progress in his time meeting with us.

   I really enjoyed my birthday package. (YAY! Sounds like he had a nice birthday.) I like the tie very much. Bishop Dixon got me Cafe Rio including a tres leche cake which was amazing. The Lewis family bought me a container of Cookies and Cream  ice cream from Sweet Cow here in Boulder, which is some of the best ice cream I have ever had. (YUM!)

   (Saturday was a huge football day. BYU won and Peter's Flag Football team won!) Peter did not tell me about his flag football team, but I am very happy for him. There is not much in the way of BYU fans in Boulder, but the Meyer family, who we had dinner with last night, definitely are. Brother Meyer is from South Africa and played rugby for BYU. They sat us down and told us that we absolutely had to see the play, and so, regardless of President Brown's thoughts, I saw the Hail Mary. I was apprehensive, but it wasn't worth making a scene over. I'm sad about Taysom, but I'm glad Tanner Mangum knows how to perform. (Taysom Hill is the quarterback, but he broke his foot and is out for the season. Tanner Mangum just got back from his mission and saved the game in the last second with a Hail Mary throw!)  Elder Nielson is a huge Utah fan, and he was telling me that BYU was probably going to lose, so I am happy my boys came away with a win. (So sorry, Elder Nielson!)

   I have vague memories of Melissa having a friend named Victor. I am very happy for him. This transfer I have given two baptismal interviews, one for the YSA ward and one for the Boulder Ward Spanish group. They both passed with flying colors. I will probably be giving another one for an investigator in the YSA ward this week.

   Last month our mission performed 27 baptisms, which I believe is our highest ever. We are one of the 3 missions in the North American Central area with an increasing baptism rate (there are 25ish missions in the area). To reach our goal of 33 baptisms for the month of September, we are implementing The Plan. Here it is:

THE PLAN-Increase Number of Baptisms
33 for the month of September

Member
--Member Present at every scheduled lesson (preferably in the home of members)

Finding
--Set aside 1 hour of finding each day

Planning
--Review the planning guidelines each planning session

Baptizing
--Invite all investigators to be baptized first lesson, and each lesson until date is accepted, unless the Spirit directs otherwise

Other Goals
--Review the "Remember This" section of PMG (Preach My Gospel) every morning and every night
--Update your area book nightly

   It is going to be hard, but we are trying. Thanks so much for the email. I was glad to see that everyone is doing well.

Love you,

Elder Andrew Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment