(The things my missionary thinks about just makes me LAUGH!! Enjoy!)
Mother and Father,
Mother and Father,
First of all, I just want to make it known that I went running this morning.(WOW!!) Last week I didn't notice the difference, but this week I certainly have. Those Mito2Max supplements are really working. I just feel like I have so much more energy throughout the day. It's helping me get the energy I need to keep exercising.
This week was rough. We really had nothing going for us. I think every appointment fell through except one. I will, however, give you some highlights.
1. We finished P-Day last week with a foosball tournament at the Institute building. The YSA Elders are seasoned pros at this point, so I was torn asunder by them. It was fun nonetheless.
2. Brother T, who is not a member, but his wife is, bought us lunch on Saturday. I got a steak burrito at Cafe Rio, and it was amazing. I've made the decision that I want Cafe Rio to cater my wedding. I think it's my favorite place to eat. I wanted to be sealed at the Oakland Temple, but I may need to change that to a temple closer to a Cafe Rio. (I'm not sure what to even comment on this. I just laughed!)
3. I went on exchanges with our Zone Leader Elder S. He's a really great elder from Twin Falls, Idaho. His decision to serve a mission was a hard one. (I'm friends with his mom on the Fort Collins Mission FB website.)
4. We had ONE appointment not fall through. M is a spiritual giant, and I can only wish that I could get to his level. The first thing he told me was that I shouldn't worry about what I was going to say, because he was going to take it to the Lord after our lesson, and God would reveal the truth to him. He has a very real relationship with our Father in Heaven. He also said that the teachings we brought ringed very true in the logical and emotional sides of him, and he just needs a spiritual confirmation. Elder M predicts that he is going to be a general authority in a few years.
5. Moroni Books is closed on Mondays.... (Not a highlight!) (Guess I'll need to get that boy a journal!)
6. Brother L gave me a book called "Five Classics by Truman G. Madsen" He wants me to read an essay called "Eternal Man" and President Brown gave me permission. I've read a bit so far, and it is amazing. I don't think mankind is ready to accept that we have always existed, and always will exist. There is no end to us, but there was also no beginning. (Andrew LOVES this kind of stuff.)
For some ridiculous reason, I've been thinking a lot about marriage this week, and not just the food that's going to be served at it.(Do I freak out, yet????!!!!) Just about how I want my mission to get me ready for marriage, and what kind of husband/father I want to be. Here is what True to the Faith says about preparing for marriage: "
Elder Andrew Campbell
P.S. Here's a district photo. I should know transfer info when we Skype! (I've added two pictures that were sent to my phone this week. I have no idea who sent them. They are of Elder Campbell and Elder M!)