Monday, February 15, 2016

This Week I REALLY Had the Flu!

  


(I don't know if you realize the stomach knots I get each week waiting to hear what my missionary has to report. Andrew has an auto-immune disease and it makes me wonder if that's why he gets sick so often. I'm just glad he powers through. Thank you to any and all who keep him in your prayers. This mom appreciates that immensely!!)

Mother and Father,

   You know how I told you a few weeks ago that I got the flu? Well, this week I really had the flu. My symptoms were headache, nausea, aches, fever, and terrible diarrhea. I am becoming known in the Saddleback Ward as the elder who gets every illness imaginable. (Lucky Saddleback Ward...HA!)
   This week started off with us going to an appointment with Rosa in which she wasn't there. Then we had an exchange where I stayed in Saddleback with my zone leader Elder Dutton. We talked to a really nice guy named Tim who has some teaching potential.
   Wednesday we had a lesson with Dani and Kenny that was...interesting. I won't go into a ton of details, but I will say they are afraid of commitment. Dani has told us that the prayers we committed her to do have brought feelings of peace and joy. They do need prayers. (I will continue to pray for them.)
   This Friday we tried to tract around a specific member's house and tell them how it went. The only problem was that we missed their house completely on the first try and tracted the block next to theirs. I had been feeling sick for a few days, but that was when the fever and the shivers began. We parked our car about two miles away, so that was a fun walk!
   Sunday night, although I felt like garbage, we did go to our dinner appointment. We discovered that their daughter is friends with Dani and Kenny's daughter! We challenged her to invite her to activity days and to church. We are so grateful that we made that discovery. It could be the catalyst they need.
   This week I actually read more of the Book of Mormon. This week I learned: The filthy cannot dwell in the Kingdom of God, the guilty take the truth to be hard, we must repent if we are angry with God, it is by the power of God that miracles are performed, righteousness makes a choice people, an disobedience makes a cursed people, and finally, honor thy father and mother.
   I pray that I will be feeling better this week and will have more awesome stuff to report.

Love,

Elder Andrew Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment