Monday, February 1, 2016

Polynomial Cyst???!!! HA!

Mother and Father,

  The weather has been so nice this week. Elder Pember and I walked miles and miles...until he tore open the stitches in his back. (hmmm....I didn't  know Elder Pember had stitches. So I sent a quick email asking why he had stitches and Andrew's reply was he had a polynomial cyst. I think he meant a pilonidal cyst. But I could be wrong. HA!) To make things worse it's snowing right now. The storm is supposed to last all day and up to a foot is being predicted. I sound like such a defeatist right now, but I am actually doing really well. Elder Pember just wrote a rap to his family. I am sorry I'm not as cool as him. (I would love to read that email!)
   Once again, no one came to our Bible Study. We did talk to our former investigator Rosa, who expressed some interest in still meeting with us. Dani, who was our new investigator last week, met with us again with her husband, and it went really well. She thought he would have no interest, but he said he was willing to listen and give us a try. Too bad they didn't come to church yesterday. Brother John is coming with us to see them tonight. (Bro. John is the BOMB, so I hope good things happen tonight.)
   This week I learned in the Book of Mormon that Satan has a "great and abominable church", and it seeks to destroy the saints of God. You are either a member of Christ's church or Satan's church, which is a little frightening. The original gospel was corrupted, making a restoration necessary. Everything God does is eternal. Gentiles who follow Jesus Christ will join the House of Israel.
   I never changed my medicine. It is still on the table; I just
haven't thought about it. (Since he's doing well, I think he should keep things the same.) Elder Pember is the only member of his family to serve a mission. Before he left on his mission he was the only active member in his family.   
   My goal this week is to obtain this mindset from Alma 31: "34 O Lord, wilt thou grant unto us that we may have success in bringing them again unto thee in Christ.
35 Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are our brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee."
My finding efforts will be more successful as my love for these people increases. So, my goal is to love them with a godly love!

Thank you for all you do.

Love,

Elder Andrew Campbell

We celebrated Peter Campbell Day yesterday. Peter had his testicular cancer surgery two years ago on Jan. 31, 2014. I'll attach the picture I sent Elder Campbell for my non-FB friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment