Monday, June 1, 2015

Moving into a cabin!!

(After last week's debacle...I am happy I changed to a new gmail account. He got our weekly letter and I'm able to send his out without a hitch. Sounds like he's been busy and he's moving into a cabin. Can't wait to hear about that!)

Mom and Dad,

  It's so good to get an email from you! Last week I was particularly
sad without an email. It is quite revolutionary to see you with a
gmail account Mom. In the same vein, apparently you have an iPad now?
I'm proud of you for making such a leap. What caused you to get it? It
would also make for an excellent college tool. I can type really fast
on the tiny keyboard and It has a lot of music capabilities. Don't
worry, I won't take advantage of them until after my mission. It was
very kind of Tricia to say those things. (I have an iPad because my new school gave me one. I'm going to iPad training on Thursday. I'm becoming such a techie!)
  What happened to our investigator pool this week? It grew! On Monday we had dinner with a new family in the ward, and they invited a neighbor over. We taught a family home evening lesson and he asked us
theological questions. They invited him to come back so we could answer his questions. We have a Portuguese Book of Mormon on the way for us to give to him. This week we also did a fair amount of tracting. We found a guy out washing his car, and talked to him for about twenty minutes. He's a semi-professional soccer player working on making it into the big league. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he agreed to read it. He wants us to come back and talk about it this week. We also have some new-age people that like to talk theology with us. We don't consider them investigators, but they're nice people!

  Okay, so we are moving on Thursday. We are going back to the cabin up in the mountains! Brother W lives there and he is an amazing man. I'm really excited about going up there. The only sad thing is that there is no wifi up there... Oh well! Also, Elder Pope is about 6 foot 4 inches.

   The ward here is really cool, though they're a bit distrustful of missionaries. One of our big jobs is rebuilding ward trust. Luckily everyone loves Elder Pope. Our ward mission leader is Brother R, with whom we've been living. He work at a place where they make really big digital storage centers. He said they have a
really big storage center for Google. (I wonder what happened to cause the distrust.)

Can I comment once again on how beautiful it is here in Boulder? Elder Pope explained to me that the city of Boulder owns a large green belt around the city, and doesn't allow the city to expand. The reason for doing this is so Boulder can stay unique, and not get swallowed up by the Denver Metro area, like Superior. The result? Really expensive housing. People who live in tiny apartments have really lucrative jobs. It's kind of wild to think about. Last night we drove through campus. It's not a place I would ever want to go to school in a million years. The whole place just seems eerie. (Maybe he should go in the daytime!)
   I got my package from the hermanas yesterday and it made me very happy. Those are the best banana chips I've tasted yet. I have not had a hard time grocery shopping. When you took me to BYU, you took me
grocery shopping to have food for my first few weeks. From that point, I went  shopping to replace the things I had used, and soon had a pretty good idea of what I needed. On a mission things are a little different! For example, I have fallen in love with Nature Valley Dark Chocolate Cherry Bars, and they are amazing. I buy about 4 boxes a week. They are a main source of nutrients for me. Anywho, that appears
to have been my week in a nutshell. I will keep praying for you all.

Love,
Elder Andrew Campbell

PS. There is no Cafe Rio in Boulder. I am quite sad about that...  Our
Bishop gave us a bunch of pizza and wrapped it up to look like a duck.
I'll attach a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment