Monday, August 3, 2015

Staying in Boulder for another transfer!!

(Looks like he's in Boulder for another 6 weeks. Hope things improve...they need to build up their investigator pool!)

Mother and Father,

   It is indeed transfer week, and the verdict is that I will be staying! Not only that, but Elder Nielson will be staying with me. When the call came, neither of us was very happy, but we've decided that we are going to make it work. It feels like this area just keeps on getting harder. We only taught 5 lessons this week. That is really, really bad. When missionaries report single digit lessons, it becomes quite clear that they sat at home doing nothing, but I can promise you that we were putting in work. We knocked on so many doors this week. Gosh, it's frustrating.
  Something that did happen this week....we got a new investigator! His name is Charles and he is awesome. He has a good friend who is a member of the church in Longmont and he goes to church with him in
Longmont regularly. We were knocking at a door and he was across the street working on his truck. The guy slammed the door and Charles came over and talked to us. He said he didn't want us to feel bad, and he
really respects what we're doing and we can come to his house any time. We went by on Saturday and taught a lesson. He said he was planning on going to church in Longmont again. We just need to get him
to the Flatirons Ward.
   "You Are Your Own Gym" has been beating me up still. I did 36 push-ups the other day though, which is a lot for me. (Way more than I can do!!) This week we move on to a harder week 3 regimen, so pray for me!
     Elder Nielson and I will be praying for you as you begin work. It sounds like you have a good thing going for you. I'm grateful that you've been prepared through your nursery calling. (Have you ever heard about cat wrangling? That's what the first day of Kindergarten pretty much was. HA!!)
      I think you should send me a picture of the newly painted house. I'm excited to see it! (It does look AMAZING!!)      I think I would like a purple tie! Not too thick, not too thin! (And he'll be in Boulder still for his birthday on Sep. 3rd. YEAH!)    This week we did a service project for Sister S. We put in some tile steps down to her drainage pump by the canal. Elder Nielson put on some boots and walked in the canal to place the last step. We talked about it and decided that it wasn't a disobedient thing to do, so don't judge! (I wasn't even thinking about judging. If he'd put on a swim suit and swam some laps...maybe then! HA!)
    I hope you have a lovely week.

Love,

Elder Andrew Campbell
(Attached are a picture of Elder Nielson doing his canal walking in boots, Andrew looking quite heavenly and the steps. WOW!)



No comments:

Post a Comment